BEYOND THE CEREMONY
Preparation, Integration, and Continuing Spiritual Development
Through Ayahuasca and Beyond
Beyond the Ceremony has been created with the intention of supporting those drawn to plant Medicine (be it before the first ceremony or after the 100th) in keeping up the continuous spiritual development the Medicines offers in order to fulfill our higher purpose.
Preparation for Ceremony
Initial Aftercare Support (Post-Ceremony)
Entering a Spiritual Path
Accelerated Spiritual Development
Higher Calling Life Purpose
Small Groups to the Peruvian Amazon
the coaching team
Meghan Shannon Elder
- Founder, Spiritual Counselor, Writer
- Specialities: Accelerating Aspiring Changemakers Through Ayahuasca Spiritual Development
- Primary Plant: Ayahuasca
- Certified Spiritual Counselor, Instructor, Shamanic Practitioner
- Ran Ayahuasca Healing Center in the Amazon for Five Years
- Intensive Spiritual Development Training Under Iyanla Vanzant
- Fluent in English, Spanish, ASL
- Spiritual Life and Integration Coach
- Specialties: Beginners to Plant Medicine
- Primary Practice: Kambo
- Kambo Practitioner (IAKP)
- TRY - Trauma Recovery Yoga Teacher
- Ayahuasca journeyer since 2012
- Revitalizing, detoxing and strengthening: body, mind, and spirit
contributors and friends
Tina "Kat" Courtney
- Specialties: Afterlife and Shadow Work
- Primary Plants: Ayahuasca, San Pedro (Facilitator)
- 13 Years Experience in Shipibo-Conibo Tradition
- Aftercare Expert
- Shadow Worker
- Interested in being a writer or contributor for Beyond the Ceremony?
- Do you have experience in spiritually-focused plant Medicine?
- Send us your blog or video! If it vibes with us we’ll share it on the site, or possibly ask you to come on as a regular contributor
- Or contact us to chat
Real Women, Real Medicine,
Interesting article regarding the future of mental health and plant medicine. Featuring Tina Kat Courtney!
For the Ayahuasca spiritual path, without personal aftercare, acclimation and integration of our ceremonial experiences, a person can be left with newfound information they feel they can’t use, sometimes causing more internal strife now that they know what they’re missing.
Part of me wishes I could’ve kept up with it during this massive five year process, part of me knows that I just couldn’t. Sometimes you have to experience something in it’s entirety, without commentary about it (especially before the 20/20 hindsight kicks in!)
The life of a shaman is epically bizarre, horrifically challenging, and unequivocally badass.
FULL ARTICLE: What’s it Like to Be an Ayahuasca Shaman?
Do you get what you pay for with Ayahuasca ceremonies? Join the discussion on paying for healing and spiritual expansion.
FULL ARTICLE: The Economics of Ayahuasca: Should Healing be Free?
No matter how experienced you are with psychedelics, drinking Ayahuasca solo is a reckless and dicey decision. This is why.
FULL ARTICLE: Should You Drink Ayahuasca Alone?
Sin City meets the Jungle Queen? Yes, Ayahuasca and Las Vegas are the perfect spiritual pairing. This is why these two powerhouses are forever entwined.
FULL ARTICLE: Why Ayahuasca Loves Las Vegas
Welcome to the Fold!
Our mailing list is home to our closest friends and spiritual family. We often offer our list first priority on travel and events (apprenticeship and distance healing opportunities, small groups to Peru, etc) before it even goes public. Stay in touch with us, and keep the Medicine work active in your world long after you return to ordinary reality. We also run a private Facebook group (aimed at keeping a safe space for integration, support and spiritual development) as well as a fanpage, plus an Instagram. Click HERE to connect with us, wherever you are!
Click here to take a look to see if you could be eligible to apply to work longer term or apprentice primarily off-grid in the Amazon…
Our goal is to make sure all content on this site is Deaf/ASL friendly. This means that videos will either be closed captioned, interpreted (or both) as well as coaching/spiritual counseling and shamanic work from Meghan (who is a professional sign language interpreter by trade) which can be done via FaceTime, Zoom, or in person in Northern Virginia. If we miss something in making this site accessible, please contact Meghan at email@example.com